The linked article here by Richard Jones of Burton Group in the US whilst written in 2008 is worth revisiting because it describes some useful tips on how to get the right staff for Business Continuity Planning. The article describes what you need in an internal BCP leader and how to find the right BCP consulting firm.
To summarise, the top 5 tips for finding the right Business Continuity Planning Consultants are:
- They should be able to produce a reference list of nearly all of their clients.
- They should clearly state their billing structure so there are no nasty surprises or sub-standard deliverables.
- They should be able to service all of your business locations.
- They should have experience in your type of business or at least a wide variety of industries rather than just specialising in just one vertical market.
- They should provide training, mentoring and tools to empower the organisation to continue the process internally.
So how do we stack up? OpsCentre is confident that we can tick all of those boxes.
Point 5 is something we feel really passionate about. At OpsCentre we don’t want to leave you with a set of documentation that gathers dust on the shelf. We want to help embed business continuity into the organisational culture so that there is a continual improvement cycle and evolution towards maturity of business continuity within that organization.
Read the full article here.